Friday

Pierre

          Bonjour, my name is Pierre and I live in the beautiful city of Paris.  Specifically, I live in the neighborhood known as Saint-Germain-des-Prés and near the Le Centaure by César Baldaccini.  When my people take me for walks, they like to go to the statue.  When I first saw it, I was a little taken aback.  Suffice it to say, it is a very unique and very unforgettable statue.  It looks like a broken down robot centaur.  While it is a bit weird, it is very cool at the same time.  César Baldaccini also has other statues all throughout Paris.  By the Grande Arche, there is a large thumb statue by César called Le Pounce.  I always thought it was just a giant buried underground until I found out it was just a statue.  That was a disappointment!


My owner and me


          César Baldaccini is also well know for his artistic style.  He was at the forefront of the style of Nouveau Réalisme, which looked at the world from a new perspective.  By looking at César's Le Centaure we can see how he was able to look at the classic shape of a centaur and break it down and build it back up again to represent the movement of Nouveau Réalisme.  Paris is a great city to see different and exciting forms of art.  I can just walk around the city and see incredible statues or thought- provoking street art.  All of the art of the city gives Paris a unique character and feeling.  I love being able to see it everyday.  

Le Centaure


Le Pounce

1 comment:

  1. There is a copy of this art work at the Clos Pegagus Winery in St. Helena, CA. It is however only as tall as a person. Very impressive anyway.

    ReplyDelete