Saturday

Karl

          Bonjour!  My name is Karl and I live in Paris.  My owners like to take me everywhere they go, even work.  That is just fine with me because they work on the Champs-Élysées, hence the name Karl (you know, like Lagerfeld).  The downside to the Champs-Élysées is all of the tourists who block the sidewalks and annoy the French.  However, it is interesting to hear all the unique languages spoken by the people who have come from all over the world just to see the street that I go to everyday.  Nonetheless, the Champs-Élysées has some really great parts to it.  My favorite is the shopping.  The original Chanel store is just off the Champs-Élysées and the Louis Vuitton flagship store has multiple levels.  It is so big! 

Just walking along the streets of the Champs-Élysées

          The main attraction on the Champs-Élysées has to be the Arc de Triomphe.  It was built in the early 1800's at the command of Napoleon I.  It honors all the soldiers who fought and died in French wars.  Additionally, the Arc is a rallying point of triumph for the French people and military and has seen a great deal of marches and parades celebrating many victories.  Plus, the Arc is also home to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.   My favorite part about the Arc is the layout of the streets in relation to the Arc.  All the surrounding streets meet at a point.  The view from the top is incroyable!  When I think about the city that I live in and the places where I go everyday, I realize how I am living a very lucky life, especially for a dog.


A view of the streets surrounding the Arc

No comments:

Post a Comment