Saturday

Jean

          Salut!  My name is Jean and I am a dog who lives in Paris.  Being a dog in Paris is great.  I get free health care and the best leftovers in the world.  I also get to go on walks in the most beautiful gardens ever seen.  My owner likes to take me for walks around the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement of Paris.  The Jardin du Luxembourg is the second largest park in Paris, second only to the Père Lachaise Cemetery.  Sometimes if I'm lucky, I get to go inside the park to play with other dogs and the little kids who's parents bring them to the carousel.  I love watching the toy boats on the fountain in the center of the park.   My people like to go to the park to listen to the live music that plays at the gazebo.  They usually bring me along and I get to listen too. 


That's me.  I can't wait to get to the park!

The toy boats

          I'm usually so busy watching the children or listening to the live music, that I don't think about the huge building that makes up a large part of the garden.  I asked some pigeons one day what the building was and they told me it is the home of the French Senate.  I had no idea I was so close to an important government body!  Finding this out made me wonder what else is in the park I never noticed before.  When my people walked me around, I began to look at everything we passed by instead of the squirrels and lady dogs.  One day we passed by a large fountain.  A group of dogs told me it is called La Fontaine Médicis and was built by the wife of a really old French king after he died.  Additionally, there are so many other statues and fountains all over the park.  I haven't seen them all, but I look forward to exploring more of the Jardin du Luxembourg as time goes on.  


The Senate building
          



No comments:

Post a Comment