Saturday

Gustave

          Bonjour, mes amies!  Je m'appelle Gustave.  I live in the 7th arrondissement, which is most well known for the symbol of Paris, the Eiffel Tower.  My owners like to walk me around our neighborhood every night. This is my favorite part of the day.  Especially in the summer, my people take me out later in the night because the sun doesn't begin to set until 10pm!  They stay up later and go out to a nice cafe, and therefore, I get to stay up later too!  I like to stay up as late as I can because I love to see the Eiffel Tower when it sparkles.  It's one of those things that reminds me how much I love living in Paris!


Me and my owners relaxing at a cafe near the Eiffel Tower

          Every once in awhile, my owners like to sit on the Champ de Mars at night and spend time with friends.  When they do, they usually bring me too.  I can sit, contemplate life, and people watch.  I particularly like to look at the Eiffel Tower.  I overheard my owners talking about the Tower one night to some friends who were new in town and I was able to learn more about my favorite landmark.  For example, I didn't know that I am named after the guy who engineered the Tower.  Also, it was built over 120 years ago!  I 'm only 4 years old.  I can't even fathom how long ago that was!  The great thing about Paris is that no matter where you are, there is a place to sit and just enjoy the day and the people, or animals, you are with.  I can't think of a better city to live in.  J'adore Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment