Sunday

Isabelle

          Hola, my name is Isabelle and I live in the Latin Quarter of Paris, which is the 5th and part of the 6th arrondissement.  Actually, I just moved to Paris from Spain.  My family decided a move was in order and picked one of the most historically exciting parts of Paris.  I'm a really big history buff and because of it, I love living here.  The Latin Quarter is filled with famous spots and well-known hang-outs.  For example, my people like to have lunch at Les Deux Magots.  This cafe is where famous writers and artists like Ernest Hemingway and Pablo Picasso spent their time.  The amount of artists, writers, scientists, and scholars that lived and worked in the Latin Quarter make me feel, even as a dog, insignificant.  However, the works they made, scientific or artistic, make me feel as though I belong in this city.  

          Additionally, the Latin Quarter is also famous for the Sorbonne, the premier university of Paris during the Middle Ages, yet is still synonymous with Parisian education and university life.  The reason why the Latin Quarter is called "the Latin Quarter" is because of Latin, the universal language spoken during the Medieval Ages in the area.  As an outsider, Paris is the place that welcomes me in.  The atmosphere of learning about the Latin Quarter has made me feel more at home.  As a new Parisian, I can feel a bit out of sorts, but when I realize that I am living in a city made of many different nationalities and social standings, I realize I am in the perfect place.  The Latin Quarter is the place for me!  Paris is my city! 

Me enjoying my time in the Latin Quarter

No comments:

Post a Comment