Monday

Marie Thérèse and Louis Joseph

          Bonjour, my subjects!  My name is Marie Thérèse (I'm the one in the fabulous black and white coat) and my brother's name is Louis (in boring tan).  We love to play in a small square called Place Dauphine in the 1st arrondissement of Paris.  I have always been the queen of my castle, yet my name sake was only queen for 20 minutes.  Marie Thérèse of France was the daughter and first born of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, and was the sister of Louis Joseph (who I'm sure was just as annoying as my brother).  The reason she was only queen for 20 minutes was because that was the amount of time it took for her husband to turn over the crown to Charles X, who later became king.

          However, Place Dauphine was built for another dauphin, one that was around centuries before my name sake's brother.  The square was built in 1607 under the orders of Henry IV for his son, the future Louis XIII.  Henry IV had began projects to create public squares in Paris.  His first was the Palace Royal and his second was Place Dauphine.  The funny thing about the square is that it is actually a triangle!  I always thought that was weird...

          I'm not much for running, but I love coming to Place Dauphine to play with the other dogs that hang out here.  My brother can be a bit annoying at times, but he can be fun too.  The cool thing about Paris is that there are small squares all over and this means I can play all over the city with a bunch of different types of dogs.  I might be a queen, but I'm still a dog at heart.  I don't know of any other city that would meet my standards like Paris does.  It's perfect for me.

Me, looking amazing, and my brother

No comments:

Post a Comment